Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Rustic Mini Christmas Tree

Oh happy Christmas days!! as soon as Thanksgiving is over, the joy of Christmas flows everywhere. My house has been completely transformed for the season. I have so many projects I want to work on and I hope I get a chance to share them with you. I always see beautiful Mini Christmas trees at the stores and I want to buy them all. I see inspiration everywhere and this time I decided to create my own. And guess how much I spend on this gorgeous rustic tree? not more than $1.00, since I already had glue sticks and some of the other materials at home. Yes, that is all I spent on this beautiful project.


I used a cardboard box that I got from my job and cut a piece big enough to make a cone.



To facilitate the process, I removed one of the layers. This made the folding or wrapping a lot easier.


I shaped the cardboard in the form of a cone and secured it with duct tape, then I used hot glue to make sure it was perfectly glued.


I bought these raffia from the Dollar Tree. One little pack of three was just enough to cover this tree that measured about 20 inches long. It looks small in pictures but it was a good size.


With the help of hot glue I layered the raffia as flat as i could and began the wrapping process. I added a little bit of ribbon thinking it would be needed, but it really wasn't. At first, the raffia might seem intimidating because you will probably feel that it goes everywhere, but if you hold it together, you will realize that it is actually very friendly to work with.



Sorry about my hands, those are the hands of a crafty mom :(


Continue wrapping the cone with the raffia all around it. 


Don't loose patience! it will look beautiful, I promise. 


After you finish the whole tree, you might notice a couple of empty spots or some thin raffia strings in some areas, just wrap a little more raffia and cut the strings.



Done!! I love the way it already looks. This is perfect if you want to just leave it like this and maybe add a little ornament or star on top to embellish it. 


I wanted to add a little bling, because of course, Christmas! So I used some of these little rhinestones that I already had to put around the tree and these pretty poinsettia that I have left from my previous project. 


And there it is! It turned out so incredibly beautiful and for almost nothing! just a little patience :)


I know the tone of the raffia rolls were a little different but I think that is still ok. I really like the way it turned out. It loos so beautiful with the rest of my Christmas decorations.


And this is why everyone loves Christmas, all the glitter, the gold, and all the beautiful decor. Thank you so much for stopping by! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...