Sunday, October 7, 2018

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!



My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I know for a lot of ghost and witches lovers too. I love Halloween and every year, I enjoy it to the fullest. Dressing up, decorating, eating candy, scary movies, I mean EVERYTHING! Of course one of my favorite things to do is decorate my house with as many pumpkins, skeletons, and witches I can fit in every place. Every year I do new DIYs and just love and enjoy every single moment of the season. I am always looking for inspiration everywhere I go and I try to see decoration potential in different things. I saw these outdoor decor at the Dollar Tree Store, and I immediately thought of many different projects with them. They are big and they came in three different colors. I have to say that when it comes to affordable holiday decor, the Dollar Tree is probably my favorite store for many reasons. One of them being of course price. They have tons of different cute little (and big sometimes) items. Second because you can find anything else that you need for projects, I mean hot glue, glitters, stickers, batteries, floral wire, the list is endless, and yes, for just one dollar! 



I removed the back of back part of the words beware and spooky. I left wicket just the way it was so that I could use that thin piece of wood to attach the other two words. 


I used a little wood glue to attach them together and left them dry overnight, just because I wanted to make sure they were completely dry. 


Honestly, just adding a cute ribbon bow will make these look great, but of course, I had a much more fun project in mind. As I have said before, ribbon makes anything look better, and since I officially am a ribbon hoarder myself I decided to add an explosion of different ribbons to these little piece dollar store decor.  But before adding ribbons I wanted to add just a small extra detail, little lights that I bought at, yes, you guessed it, The Dollar Tree :) I hot glued one set of lights to each of the wood words. 


Now my favorite part, the ribbon. I used a combination of blue, green, purple, black, and orange.

 

Each little strand was about 6 inches long. 


To make the little bow I will be using, I lined up the ribbons and pinched them together, then tied them making like a little "flower" with them.


I then folded the bow in the shape of a little fan.


I hot-glued each of them on the edge of each word going around it until completing the whole frame. 


Here is the final look. If I saw this anywhere else, I would not believe it was made mostly with dollar store items. It looks fun and glittery. It is just perfect for Halloween. I love it so much!!



I forgot to mention that the words are glow in the dark, how fun!!! 

And it is also the perfect front door decor!



Thank you for reading. I hope you loved it!! 






No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...