Sunday, September 24, 2017

Gabriel's Science Party

On September we celebrate the most important celebration of all for us, my son's birthday. This year he turned 11 and as I realize we probably won't be celebrating his future birthday with balloons and goodie bags, I didn't miss the opportunity to put a party together for him this year. He will become a teenager before I know it, and I want to make sure we enjoy together any kiddie-like event possible. He is a huge science fan. I have to say that when it comes to boy stuff, he is not the sports or outdoor action kind or kid, but he loves science. I choose a science lab theme for his birthday celebration this year. He absolutely loved it and we had tons of fun! 


My first step was to put together science kits for favors. This was a lot easier than I thought! Surprisingly, I found most of the items at the dollar stores which make everything much easier and affordable too. 
I put recipes for three science projects and all the ingredients needed for each one.

I used these containers that I found at my local 99 Cents Only store. They were 5 for $1.99, which i thought was an excellent deal. When I put together a party, dollar stores are usually the first stores I try for decorations and favor haunting. I am very lucky to find great things usually for one dollar!


I put the exact amount of ingredients needed for each recipe in small labeled condiment containers. Yes, I also found those at the dollar store.


The three recipes I chose were to make slime, a bouncy ball, and a galaxy jar. So the kit included glue, glitter, and all the fun ingredients needed. The kids loved these favors. They were unique and fun!

These science projects required super easy things to find, which gave me the opportunity to put together creative favors that kids and parents loved, they were an absolute hit! 


I have to say that my Cricut machine is one of my most favorite things in the world! it is my best friend when it comes to putting together decorations for anything!! I don't even care about my tv or any other electronic device in my house anymore, my cricut machine is number #1. I get tons of complements with everything I do. People who have never heard about it compliment me on how creative I am but little do they know about my perfect little party secret! I cut all the letters and shapes to put together an amazing backdrop and perfectly themed set up.
I went with the colors bright green and black. 


It was honestly very simple but it looked great, my family loved it!



I bought these lime green gift sacks at Hobby Lobby, they were only $2.99 for a pack of 12. They I just cut stripes of green scrapbook paper, hole punched them and added a little ribbon to tie them together.

I also found these cute popcorn treat boxes at Party City. They were five for a .99 cents. I glued one of the cutouts and it automatically became part of the theme. Do you see why I love my cricut machine? It makes everything look much more festive!


I used them to put little bags of chips too.


Of course I made cupcake toppers and liners, which added to any simple and easily box made cupcakes can make them look extraordinary!


I have to say I inherited my crafty side from my mom, she makes the most creative and awesome pinatas, this one here was perfect for the theme!




Everything came out awesome. My son loved it and his little cousins did too. We had a great time with our family. I am thankful for parties, they always give us an opportunity to spend time and make memories with our loved ones. I hope you enjoyed reading! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...