Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Pina Colada Bar for Vane!

Enjoying summer to the fullest! Yes, I am a huge summer fan. I love sunglasses, bathing suits, pool floats, gatherings and of course, drinks. When I think of summer days by the pool, I always picture myself wearing a cute swimsuit holding a margarita or a pina colada while I enjoy the sun. A pina colada is one of those pretty drinks and a hot-day favorite because of its tropical combination of delicious pineapple and coconut. Nothing says fun summer like a gorgeous pina colada! This weekend I enjoyed the company of some of my closest friends who I can pretty much call my family. We got together to celebrate my beautiful friend's birthday. We enjoyed a perfect Texas sunny day by the pool. I put together a super fun Pina Colada Bar to celebrate this special day. Yes, you read that right... Pina colada bar!! I thought this was a really nice idea. I've seen sangria, mojito, mimosas, and margarita bars and I thought, "hey, there has to be a version of this gorgeous tropical drink." Let me tell you step by step how I put together this idea. It really is less complicated than I thought it would be, without mentioning how much fun I had putting it together and how many compliments we received on it.

The first step, the coconut base. A pina colada is usually a frozen blend. I wanted to enjoy the company of my friends without having to worry about making one drink at a time. And this is the reason why I am obsessed with all these clever drink bar ideas. I came up with a frozen coconut cream with only three ingredients. Cream of coconut, heavy whipping cream and condensed milk. Yes, that is it.
 

Combine together a can of cream of coconut and half a can of condensed milk. Put a mixing bowl in the freezer for about 20 to 30 minutes before you mix it. 



Whisk the cream on high speed until stiff picks form.

 

Now, just fold the cream together with the cream of coconut and condensed milk until they are well combined. 



Cover with plastic wrap and freeze overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.


After following these simple steps, you will have a sweet and perfect frozen cream of coconut. yes, perfect for pins coladas!!


I put the frozen cream in mason jars filled up to about half of the container. I covered the jars and put them in the freezer for another two hours or so.


A pina colada just wouldn't be complete without a colorful and tasty garnish. I used this super cute flamingo stirrers to add even more color to our drinks. 


 

I used a small pineapple triangle and a small strawberry.


Aren't they the cutest and funnest?? Yes they are! 


And here they are, our delicious frozen cream- filled mason jars!



Please, let us not forget the star of the Bar, yes ladies and gentlemen, RUM! delicious, rum! along with probably one of his most popular partners, pineapple juice. 


Our guest could put together a delicious pina colada in seconds just by pouring juice and rum on a delicious frozen cream. A mason jar is so versatile that it even works as a drink shaker and I absolutely love this!!!



We had an excellent day and my friend loved the pina colada Bar, especially set up to celebrate one more year of fabulous. Happy Birthday Vane!!!




1 comment:

  1. Thanks my lovely friend for this setup! the paper fans were so creative and i love that you put a little special touch by adding rhinestones on the letter balloons. Also, that homemade ice cream was delicious and the pina colada cake too! Everything was beautiful!! i love it thank you for making my birthday so special. Love you! :*

    ReplyDelete

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...