Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Movie Night for under $25.00


Movies! More like entertainment, they are a reason to gather with family and friends, put life on pause, and transport our minds to magical lands, travel back in time or to many different cities, or just to reflect on a very good story. Just like many families, mine is a huge fan of movies. Most of them, we still can't get our ten year old to watch scary ones (my favorite). But when we agree on a movie we all want to watch, we have the best time, especially when we go to the theater. We love the feeling of choosing the movie, getting our pop corn and snacks and I personally love watching the previous and deciding what movies I will look forward to during the next seasons. Yes, everything is great, but... why must snacks be so expensive at the theater??? I have to admit I am not a fan of this and I know I'm not alone! As much as we love going to the movie theater, we also love the comfort of our home. We love taking advantage of our last Sunday hours before getting back to the routine and watch a good movie with our favorite snacks or sometimes even dinner. This past Sunday Night I put together a little "concessions" cart for our movie night with pretty much anything you could get at the movies for less that half the price. And we loved it!

Pop Corn!! Of course, everyone's favorite treat, and a snack that turns out to be crazy expensive at the theater. You can most likely get a box with three packs of pop corn for about three dollars. That's how much I paid for mine. I bought these cute little containers at my local Dollar Tree Store. They were only two for one dollar and I think they are super cute and they give you that movie theater feeling. The size is perfect for little ones' grip. Really cute hu?

              

My favorite treat at the movies is nachos. Cheese... give me all the cheese and I am one happy gal!
Chips are very cheap at the grocery store. I buy a bag with enough chips for 3 people for one dollar or a dollar and fifty cents. I love how versatile they can be, you can dip them in anything, but in this occasion, cheese is the protagonist. A can of nacho cheese at the store is about three dollars. You heat it up with a little milk to get a smoother consistency and you are good to go. I also bough they little trays at the Dollar Store and they were two for one dollar as well. I also bought the snack wrap paper at the Dollar Store and I cut it in small squares to fit the little tray. I used little paper cups that I had at home for the cheese. I have to admit those cups were two small for cheese. It is cheese! can someone actually have enough cheese? I don't think I can!
 

Don't they look super cute and easy to put together?
 

Candy, cheap - expensive candy. Let's be honest, I can't be the only one who hates to pay triple the price for a box of candy? And unfortunately, is one of those things that everyone wants. We just have to have a salty snack on one hand and a sweet one on the other. That's just the way it its. So to continue with the movie theater vibe, I grabbed a few boxes of our favorite candy. Sweets that we usually choose when we go to the theater. I bought 9 of them to have a good selection and I probably still paid less that what I would have paid at the movie theater.  


And for refreshments I just put together some mini coca-cola cans, just because I think they are so cute and because that way my son will be allowed to only drink one and it won't be that much. You know, "sugar police" here trying to do her best. 


We enjoyed our Sunday evening with yummy treats and the best of the best, what no amount could ever buy, each others company. Because I could be anywhere in the world, and it would' t matter what we eat, or what we watch as long as we are together. 

   






No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...