Thursday, September 7, 2017

Kate Spade Inspired Ice Bucket

Back to school craziness!!! Oh em gee... this particular year has been extremely crazy and I have to admit from the bottom of my heart that I am ready to get in a routine with my little one. I am ready for him to go back to school and four our day to day activities to be in one same order at least Monday through Friday. That is why a nice chilled bottle of wine is the perfect idea to relax and take a break from the stress that preparing your kiddos for a new school year represents. Us mommies are always running around during these days and a nice glass of wine is more than deserved. I like having my wine perfectly chilled but when I am having a nice conversation, I don't like getting up to the fridge overtime I need to pour myself a little (just a little) more. Ice buckets tend to be expensive sometimes. So I upgraded a cheap tin bucket to a girly and sophisticated ice bucket inspired by the Kate Spade gorgeous and elegant colors and designs. I absolutely love it!!


The process required patience but not that many materials, and none of them were expensive either. I found this tin bucket at my local 99 Cents Only store and it was only $1.99. I thought it was an excellent price. You can do so many projects with them for any sort of occasion. 
I already had a couple of the little acrylic paint colors I needed, and I found the rest at Hobby Lobby.
The colors I chose were Royal Fuchsia and White  from the Anita's Acrylic Craft Paint brand, Venetian Gold from the Dazzling Metallics brand and just a black acrylic paint I already had at home. I think I bought it at WaltMart, but any black paint will work.

 


The first step is to clean your tin with a damp paper towel or cloth to make sure there aren't any particles or residues that will create bubbles or that will make your paint job a nightmare. 


I removed the handle, that will latter be replaced with this, yes this! Yup, those are earrings!! I just loved the way they looked and I thought the complimented my theme perfectly.


You can leave the handle if you think you will need it to hold the bucket full of ice easier, but I thought taking it off gave it a more elegant look at the end. 


I measured a stripe of about 5 inches for each color and I followed a pink-gold-white-gold-black pattern.

This is where you need to be patient. You have to work with layers of paint and you need them to completely dry before you can apply a second coat. The good thing is that this paint dries fairly quick and if you are careful enough, you can work on the next color while one layer dries.



Once all my layers were completely dry, it was time to cover the edges of each stripe of color. I used ribbons that matched the Kate Spade theme. 




And here is the final product! Isn't it just super cute and girly? Yes, and it is perfect for a Girl's night in!


I loved the final result, and two bottles of wine or maybe even three can fit in the size of this bucket. 

 

I love the colors and the elegance of everything that is designed by Kate Spade. I think this is a great project for any girls night, bridal or even baby shower. 


I am obsessed with my new ice bucket and I can already imagine all the other themes and colors I can put together for this same project, especially with holidays coming up! It is an inexpensive and mostly easy process with gorgeous results! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE IT!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...