Saturday, August 19, 2017

Super Easy Cupcakes :)


Cupcakes are one of the main protagonists of every party. They come in all kinds of flavors, colors, shapes. They are festive, fun and delicious. At times, cupcakes can also be intimidating. Especially if we want to be brave enough to try frosting with some of those fancy piping techniques. I am not going to lie, I wish I knew how to do it! One day I will learn! But that doesn't mean I don't love nice looking cupcakes, I love the way the compliment any birthday or party setup. Besides not really being great and piping and frosting, I have to admit I am not the most patient person and just like every other mommy out there, I just want more time to do other things, especially when we are in the middle of planning the perfect party. I have learned little tricks in every party I've put together and this is still a process. But so far, I have a couple of tips and tricks for making colorful and super easy cupcakes that seem to have worked the best for this I-want-it-fast-but-pretty mommy! 

I usually use a cake box to make cupcakes. There are tons of different options and for the most part, they are super yummy, and of course, really easy to make. I also use store bought frosting, unless I really I am trying to impress my friends and family. But can frosting is also delicious. My favorite is 
Pillsbury's cream cheese frosting. Mmmmm, it is really good!! 


One of the things I really dislike about making cupcakes at home is buying the most bright and colorful liners only for them to fade away during the baking process. Cupcakes should be vibrant and full of color! One of my tricks is to use party cups and cut them the size of a cupcake, that way I don't have to worry about opaque and sad looking colors. I also used decorative scissors to make my cups even cuter. You can find these type of scissors in any craft store. Here is an example of a set they have at Michaels only for $10. And believe me, they will come in handing for all kinds of crafts and decorations. 

I found these cups at my local Dollar Tree Store. They have tons of colors and prints. I really liked these blue ones. They usually come in packs of 6. I cut each cup to measure about 5 cm long. 


I cut around the entire cup with regular scissors and then went around it with the decorative ones. This is just easier for me. But feel free to cut directly with the decorative scissors if you are comfortable with that. 



Look at them! they look perfect. By the way, don't throw away the remains, we will use them later ;)


I also like to use the part of the cup that we cut to have matching cupcake toppers. I just cut fun shapes, but you could also use any craft punchers you may have. 



For my easy frosting I use an ice cream scoop. yes, that is what I use, and it is super easy!
Take one scoop of frosting (needless to say, I am thinking about ice-cream as I type scoop) and put it on the cupcake



Press the first scoop and add another scoop. This technique will give the "effect" of actual piping.
  


And there you have it! Easy as 1,2,3!


Add a little topper! 




Super easy, simple, and inexpensive. Three of my favorite things when it comes to parties. I hope you enjoyed reading and hopefully learned one or two tricks that will make your cupcake adventures easier next time you make them :)








No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...