Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Mickey Mouse Party on a Budget

Hello Friends! this past weekend I helped my sister in law put together a little party for her one year old. He loves Mickey Mouse and as a proud Disney fan, I couldn't be more exited to help her with this little project. My sister in law is mom of two little ones and planning a party can not only be stressful but costly. I told her I would help her put together a super cute and eye popping candy table for her little celebration. My challenge is always to find beauty in all things and use my creative side to make them look like they are worth a lot more! When  you think about parties, as little as simple as you go, little costs here and there add up and you might end up spending a lot more at the end than you had initially planed. Yes, this is mostly the case. Here is how the Mickey Mouse candy table looked and oh my, did she get compliments. People probably thought she spend a lot more than we really did.
 

When it comes to parties, the first stores that I check are dollar stores. These stores have tons of hidden items, that with just a little ribbon or maybe some glitter, can be turned into beautiful party supplies. Here is an example. Dollar Tree has these cute little white wedding favor boxes and they are 12 for only $1.00
Details and Accessories White Wedding Favor Boxes, 12-ct. Packs

In my case, I use my Cricut machine for everything!! I know I have said this before but she is definitely my best friend when it comes to party decorations. So of course I used it to make these plane white boxes look awesome. I created a couple of Mickey designs and hot glued them on the bag, added gummies and little marshmallows inside and done! Too cute and so simple!!



I also bought these treat cups at the  Dollar Tree. They were 8 for $1.00 and filled them up with popcorn. We all know popcorn is not that expensive and it is always a hit! Kids and grown ups love popcorn equally. 


I bout these Kool Aid juices at Kroger for $1.00 for a pack of 6. I added a little Mickey shape and and cute straw, and wow! they look perfect! 


I have always loved candy boxes. I just love the variety and the colors. They come in convenience shapes and are only $1.00 pretty much anywhere. I bought skittle boxes for this occasion. I covered them with paper and a little Mickey design made of course with my oh so perfect Cricut Machine! 


Ordering online can sometimes be a better option that buying things at the local stores. Oriental Trading is also a great option for party supplies. They have a huge variety of anything you can think of for parties and sometimes, they even have free shipping promotions. I bought these adorable red favor boxes online. The dozen was only $4.99. I have seen these boxes at other party stores for .99 cents  a piece!! They are already cute, but they look incredible with a little paper design.


Now, I know not everyone has a Cricut machine that cuts perfect designs. But with a little creativity you can also turn a plain simple item into something cute and festive. Here is an example. These bubbles were already in the Christmas section at the Dollar Tree. I thought that four bubble sticks for $1.00 was a great price! But of course, this wasn't a Christmas party. But with a little creativity I looked around the store for little stickers that I could maybe use. I didn't really find stickers, but I found the cupcake combo packs and thought, "yes, these are perfect"


I cut the little part that goes in the cupcake so that I can get a round shape and glued it to the little handle and made them look great! I really like the way they turned out! 


Our family loved everything so much and we took great pictures for memories. As parents we want to give our children the best we possibly can. We want to make sure they have memories and pictures to look back. Their smile is priceless and at the end, that is the reason why we work so hard at everything we do.





No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...