Thursday, October 12, 2017

WICKED BANNER

Loving the smell of Halloween in the air!! Even though we don't really get that many days of fall here in Texas, I still try to find any opportunity to celebrate and enjoy October. I picture myself dancing with the witches, bats, ghosts and vampires. From all my Halloween decorations at home, I had to dedicate a little "corner" to two of my favorite evil characters, The infamous Wicked Witch of The West and her sister, The mysterious Wicked Witch of the East. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite fairy tale and I have always been fascinated by the enigmatic and brief appearance of the Wicked witch of the East. Her red slippers and black and white stripped legs is the only thing we are able to see about her. But just this seems enough to create such an iconic witch look. And the combination of those colors is so elegant! Her site is a little more casual, she keeps it classy with only black and green. These two ladies are my favorite evil and spooky gals and that is why they have to be present and celebrated at the Juarez household. I created this gorgeous and elegant banner and a small candy station to pay tribute to these mean, and evil but graceful and elegant sisters. 

I bought these Halloween decorative frames at the 99 Cents Only store, and Oh my, they have so much cute stuff for Halloween! I can spend hours (and lots of dollars) just looking through all their seasonal decorations. I know these already look gorgeous but I wanted to give them my personal touch of course.


I removed the little skeletons picture from the frame and trace the shape on a black pasteboard 




I cut out the shapes, and I also cut out silver ovals to go in the middle of the frame.



Using my Cricut Machine, I cut the words wicked and glued them to the middle of the silver oval. and then I hot-glued the shapes back on the black frame. 



These are the ribbons I used to put the frames together. I already had them at home, the only fabric I bought was the black and white stripped one. I found it at Hobby Lobby and I bought 1/4 of a yard for about $1.20.


These colors together looks so pretty and elegant. I love the combination! 


I used the ribbons to tie the frames together. Doesn't it look so pretty? I think it does and I love it!!


I also made my own combination of black, red, and green candies for the little candy station.



Thank you for reading, I hope you like the little ideas and presentations of my every-day celebration journey :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...