Sunday, November 5, 2017

Fall Centerpiece

November is here and although I am sad to see all the Halloween decorations disappear, I am looking forward to all the fun and delicious food during this month. I always feel like Thanksgiving gets overshadowed by Christmas and this year, before I move on unpacking all my Christmas decorations, I decided to save the turkey and enjoy Thanksgiving to the fullest. This year, I will be hosting Thanksgiving in my home and I will little by little prepare my house to look perfect for this little occasion. I don't want to spend too much money on expensive Thanksgiving decorations, I just want to make my house look nicely dressed for the occasion. My first project was a centerpiece for my dining room. Here is how it came out, I absolutely love it! 

 

Creating this project was fast and easy and would you believe me if I told you that I spent less than $5.00?! yes, that is right. That is all I spent! 
I bought this little tray at the dollar store and of course, I didn't love the color but with a nice coat of paint I figured it would do the job just fine.


I used gold and red metallic acrylic paints to give the tray an orange fall look.  A couple of coats and it was ready.


I love how the two colors combined gave the tray sort of a copper touch. I didn't worry about painting the inside of the tray because I would cover it with flowers.


I tried different artificial flowers but I realized that I wanted to do something different. I bought fabric from Hobby Lobby and a sheet of burlap from the dollar store and made my own rosettes. They are super easy to make. You can find tons of tutorials on Pinterest. 
These are the two types of fabrics that I used in addition to the burlap.



I bought 1/8 of fabric for about .52 cents at Hobby Lobby and the amount of fabric was just perfect for this little project. I was able to make four big purple rosettes and four small white and gold ones. The sheet of burlap made four big rosettes.
I also used the white and gold fabric to make cute and stylish pumpkins. I bought two pumpkins from the Dollar store, they were on sale for .25 cents since they were part of the Halloween decorations.



I covered the pumpkin with the fabric making little folds to give the illusion of the pumpkin.
And this is how they came out. Lovely!


I arranged the rosettes around the pumpkins on they tray alternating the colors. When I tell you that this is the easiest centerpiece, I mean it. And I really love the way it turned out. I love the fact that I used purple for a pop of color, this is not a traditional Thanksgiving color but it looks perfectly paired with golds, and oranges. I also like the fact that I didn't use traditional fall flowers and gave it a little twist by using roses, which also happen to be a fall flower. 



I also added two big white flowers to each side of the tray. The final look was just amazing. 


I hope you and your family are getting ready to give thanks and to enjoy all the delicious food during Thanksgiving! thank you for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...