Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Farm house inspired Thanksgiving decor

I love November, it is such a beautiful month here in Texas (most of the time). Sunday was such a beautiful day and I was enjoying my mom's company. I was in a great mood and decided to get creative and make a couple of decorations for Thanksgiving. Again, I feel like Christmas takes away a little from Turkey Day, and its just not fair! Thanksgiving is a beautiful holiday too and it deserves recognition. I took a little trip to my local dollar store and looked around to see what kind of decorations I could come up with. I have seen some gorgeous farm house decor all over pinterest and instagram and I have been inspired to DIY something similar. And here is what I came up with...


I found these wood 10X12 picture frames. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find more that two of the same shade, but I was going to cover them so they were fine.

 

I also found this wood-like shelf liner and I thought it was perfect to give the frames a wood like appearance.


I covered each of the frames, and I have to say that the liner I chose was very flexible and friendly to work with. I did use a few hot glue drops here and there to reinforce the adhesive.


I decided not to attach all four of them together until they were covered since I figured this would be easier. 


The pattern was perfect and I could already see the farm house style being reflected. I used hot glue and a few drops of Gorilla Glue to secure the frames together. I also used some masking tape for additional support.



I cleaned and put the glasses back on each of the frames and I was done. Probably the part that took the most time was covering each of the frames with the liner, but it honestly wasn't hard at all.  


I arranged the frame in a couple of different ways but I didn't feel it wasn't decorated enough. So I added a little touch of Fall. Much better!


I still had some liner left and since I really liked the way it looked, I decided to make a couple of simple but cute Thanksgiving frames using the back of the frames that I didn't use.

I covered them with the remaining liner and cut out the words "Thankful" and "Blessed" with my Cricut Machine


   

I also added a raffia bow to enhance the "farm house" look. 


They look so adorable and they have been one of the easiest projects I have made. I think my house is getting closer to being ready for our Thanksgiving dinner. I hope you enjoyed reading!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

WIKED, BEWARE, SPOOKY!!

My favorite holiday is here, I mean, Halloween pretty much begins as soon as summer is over am I rite? at least it does for me, and I kno...